Situated half way up Highgate Hill, on "The Bank" opposite Lauderdale House.
Next door is Ireton House.
There is no connection with Oliver Cromwell, and the House wasn't named until 1833.
Both house were owned by the Sprignell family, whose coat of arms can still be found in some of the rooms.
The family was present in the reign of Charles, the First.
In 1686, the property was sold to the da Costas.
The building became a school and was nearly burned down in 1865.
In the early 1900s, the House became the country annexe of The Great Ormond Street Hospital and then the headquarters of a missionary society.
It is currently The Ghanaian Embassy.