Fenton House ~
is located on Holly Bush Hill in Hampstead, North London.
Thomas Sympson was the first owner whose widow sold the house to Joshua Gee (1667-1730)
who added his initials and those of his wife (JAG) in the ironwork over the front gate.
He was a founding partner with George Washington's father in the Principio Company.
He was also a Quaker and a personal friend of William Penn - Pennsylvania is named after him.
The Fenton family lived here from the year of Mozart's death in 1791.
Before that it was successively called "Ostend House", then "Clock House"
It is a 17th century merchant's house in Hampstead in North which belongs to the National Trust, bequeathed to them in 1952 by Lady Binning, its last owner and resident.
Lady Katherine Binning bought the house in 1936 and filled it with her highly decorative collections of porcelain, Georgian furniture and 17th-century needlework.
It is a detached house with a walled garden, which is large by London standards, and features roses, an orchard and a working kitchen garden.
The interior houses the Benton Fletcher collection of early keyboard instruments, one of which is often played to visitors during opening hours.
There are collections of paintings (including the collection of Peter Barkworth, and loans of Sir paintings), porcelain, 17th-century needlework pictures and Georgian furniture.
It also houses fine paintings of William IV, Frederick FitzClarence and Adolphus Fitzclarence.
One of Jordan's daughters, Dorothy, lived in the house.
The House has remained architecturally little altered during more than 300 years of continuous occupation, while the large garden is also remarkably unchanged since it was described in 1756 as 'pleasant... well planted with fruit-trees, and a kitchen garden, all inclos'd with a substantial brick wall'.