10A CHURCH HOUSE ~
Is at the right of number 10 South Grove and is identifiable by
a single window with a rounded top.
The extension was built in 1848 and has been used as an handbag factory and originally as a Jewish school.
Today, it is the home of the Highgate Society.
The Society is a voluntary organization composed of local residents of Highgate
The society is responsible for a proactive approach to its defined aims, which are:
"to make Highgate and its neighbourhood a better place in which to live and work;to ensure that any changes made in the environment enhance the amenity of the area:to encourage sound planning and to improve public transport."