HIGHGATE SCHOOL ~
Situated at the start of North Road, on the right hand side after the Highgate junction.
It was established in 1565 by a Royal Charter of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the First.
It's founder was Roger Cholmeley, Lord Chief Justice, his aim to educate poor boys but it was developed further by the Head Master, Rev. John Bradley Dyne (1838-1874)., to fall in line with the Eton and Harrow styles of Public School.
The Chapel of St Michael at Highgate School on the right and “Big School” at the rear date from 1867.
Currently, Highgate Schhol is co-educational for ages 3 to 18.
The Junior School was also founded in the nineteenth century and moved to its present site on Bishopswood Road in 1938.
The playing fields are at the end of Bishopswood Road/Hampstead Lane and there is an old Eton Fives Court, dating back to 1880.