SOUTH MEADOW - HAMPSTEAD HEATH - 2016***

Hampstead
Heath
2017
Go to content

Main menu:

SOUTH MEADOW

South Meadow~

It stretches from the exterior of the Highgate Ladies' Bathing Pond up to the woodland containing Bird Bridge on the two opposite sides.

Its other perimiters are between the Highgate Gate and Chubb Gate to the Tumulus field.

It has easy access from all parts of The Heath.

South Meadow was originally three fields. The field on the west part, which was divided into two, was known as Diana Field (relation of John Bill, whose father had built an original Kenwood House in the early 1600s.)

The exiled Grand Duke Michael Romanov had made South Meadow into a golf course in 1910.

He was a friend of Arthur Crosfield, who was one of the people who saved Kenwood for the people.

current Day slides
Back to content | Back to main menu