TELECOMMUNICATIONS MAST ~
Located at the corner of Swains Lane and Bisham Gardens.
The Mast is often considered to be a bit of a "blot on the landscape".
However, this Mast, erected in 1939 to relay television signals, was influential in disrupting direction-finding radio beams used by German bombers in the Second World War.
In the last 15 years or so Swain's Lane has been host to a number of mobile operators base stations.