UNITED REFORM CHURCH
Located in Pond Square Chapel, South Grove.
Built in 1859
Only functioning non-conformist chapel of historic religious dissent in Highgate.
(The Five Mile Act of 1665, decreed that Ministers ejected from the Church of England had to live at least five miles from city.
Highgate IS five miles from the City of London.
It became a gathering place for religious and political dissenters.
Highgate Presbyterian church was built opened in 1887.
It was known as Highgate United Reformed church from 1967.)